Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) is one of the most-active angel investing groups in the U.S.
CTAN’s mission is two-fold:
- Provide quality early-stage investment opportunities for accredited angel investors
- Assist entrepreneurs and early-stage growth companies by serving as a key source of funding, mentorship, strategic advice, and educational resources
- 110+ angel investors with diversity in countless sectors and significant functional expertise
- Member investments of $120M into 199 startup companies since CTAN’s founding in 2006
- Up to five funding cycles per year, in which startups are formally screened and evaluated by investor members
CTAN was founded in 2006 by local investors and community leaders, who believed that early-stage investing could provide a meaningful return for investors while also spurring local economic growth. Individual members of the organization volunteered their time and expertise to review potential investments and assist entrepreneurs.
Austin, Texas benefits from having an organized group of angels that aid local entrepreneurs in need of capital and/or expertise to build their businesses. Angel investors are a necessary funding option that keeps the startup environment thriving. In Austin, there is a large pool of high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and investment funds with business experience who are looking for investment opportunities and who enjoy being involved with entrepreneurial ventures. CTAN provides a structured forum for such investors to cooperatively source and vet deal opportunities.
CTAN is an independent, nonprofit, member-based organization. CTAN has a part-time Program Director, a fully engaged volunteer Board of Directors, and leadership committees whose time, effort, and involvement allow CTAN to fulfill its mission for investors and entrepreneurs.