The Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) is dedicated to providing quality early-stage investment opportunities for accredited investors and to assisting entrepreneurs and early-stage growth companies by being a quality source for information, educational resources and advisors.
- Member investments of $120M into 199 startup companies since CTAN’s founding in 2006
- 100+ angel investors with diversity in countless sectors and significant functional expertise
- Five funding cycles per year, in which startups are formally screened and evaluated by investor members
Benefits of CTAN Membership
- Networking opportunities with other talented angel investors and entrepreneurs
- With your CTAN Membership, you get an automatic membership to the Angel Capital Association. The association is the largest angel professional development organization in the world. It is a great educational resource for all angel investors.
- Invitations to all CTAN Member Education & Social Events
- Access to our investment platform, ProSeeder, the online forum we use to evaluate entrepreneur applications, RSVP to CTAN events, and connect with other CTAN members.
- The opportunity to give back and engage meaningfully with the local entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- CTAN does not provide investment advice to members, invest in companies, or share in the profits of member investments.
- Prospective investment opportunities are not offered by or endorsed by CTAN.
- Members are responsible for making individual and independent investment decisions, both as to the suitability of an investment and the amount of any investment, based on their own individual evaluation of the merits of the proposed investment offering.
- The network acts solely as a facilitator of the investment process, providing members with a forum where members may, individually and cooperatively, meet, view, analyze, and monitor investment opportunities.
Funding Cycle Process
Each Funding Cycle is at least six weeks long. CTAN offers up to five funding cycles each year. Below you will find more details about our funding cycle process.
WEEK 1: MEMBER VOTING
CTAN members review entrepreneur applications and vote for companies in which they have the highest interest. The top four to six companies that garner the most member interest are invited to proceed to our Initial DD Review.
WEEK 2: UPLOAD DD CHECKLIST & INITIAL DD REVIEW
Selected companies are tasked with uploading a completed Due Diligence Checklist to ProSeeder after Member Voting. This serves as the basis for our initial Due Diligence phase. In Initial DD Review, each Due Diligence Checklist and related materials are reviewed by CTAN’s Investment Committee to ensure that there are no “deal killers” (such as $500k CEO salaries, etc.) that would preclude an applicant from being invited to Pitch Night.
WEEK 3: PITCH NIGHT
Companies that make it through CTAN’s Initial DD Review are invited to present to the broader CTAN membership at Pitch Night, which includes a cocktail hour for networking with investor members. If enough CTAN members express continued interest, we’ll schedule due diligence meetings with the team and interested CTAN members.
WEEKS 4-6: DUE DILIGENCE
Selected companies meet with an interested group of CTAN investors for full due diligence. From the interested investors, a Deal Team needs to be created to continue moving a deal through our process. The Deal Team will work with the company to better understand the business model and value proposition. In due diligence, we conduct customer reference calls, competitive analysis, market sizing, team reference calls, etc.
How to Apply for Membership
Interested in becoming a member now? In order to join the network, potential members must:
• Qualify as an accredited investor
• Have relevant investment experience and/or be interested in learning from their peers
• Complete the CTAN Membership Agreement
• Agree to abide by and sign the CTAN Rules of Membership and Conduct
• Exhibit a real desire to participate in the startup ecosystem and mentor entrepreneurs
• Meet with a CTAN Board Member to complete the member qualification process
• Pay the current annual dues; and
• Create a profile on CTAN’s online platform, ProSeeder, and actively use the platform as part of your membership
Please note that we prorate membership dues based on the month that you join. You can access our application by clicking HERE
CTAN Board of Directors